You can easily sync and manage your QuickBooks General Ledger (GL) codes with the expense categories in Extend for consistency and efficiency across your bookkeeping platforms. Before you can sync accounting codes across the two platforms, you must integrate with QuickBooks. Once you are connected, reporting and reconciliation become seamless for you and your Organization as the synchronization of data is automated.
When you first connect your account to QuickBooks:
- Extend will automatically retrieve any existing GL codes in QuickBooks. The data captured from QuickBooks includes GL accounts, Class, Location, and Projects.
- These codes will be imported into Extend as Labels for expense categories so that your Extend setup matches your QuickBooks setup.
To view your expense categories in Extend at any time:
- Go to Account Overview page
- Select an account
- Go to Account Settings
How QuickBooks GL codes sync with Extend’s expense categories:
When you create a virtual card and tag it with an expense category, every transaction you complete on that virtual card will be tagged accordingly in QuickBooks.
Once a transaction clears, it will be imported into QuickBooks with the following information:
- Transaction date
- Merchant name
- Virtual Card name
- Cardholder name
The QuickBooks logo will appear next to each transaction in the Transactions page and in Transaction Details in Extend after it has been successfully imported into QuickBooks.
- Any changes to your QuickBooks GL accounts, classes, locations, and projects will be reflected in Extend within 24 hours.
- Any changes to cleared transactions in Extend will not be reflected in QuickBooks. Updates must be made directly in QuickBooks.
- Currently, QuickBooks does not support importing attachments associated with a transaction.