Extend gives you the ability to add detailed notes and easily attach supporting receipt documentation to transactions so that your finance team can conveniently reconcile company spend.
You can upload your receipts in a few ways:
Note: Extend supports BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, TIF, and PDF file types
1. From your registered email address, email or forward your receipt(s) directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. After emailing your receipt images for auto-match, you will be notified once the images have successfully been matched to their transactions.
Note: You can forward multiple receipts to us at once, but there is a daily limit of 25 emails accepted per day. The number of attachments you can add to a single email will depend on the file size limit of your email client.
1. From the Create New menu or Transactions Page, select Auto-match Receipts.
2. Select up to 10 receipt image(s) or files you wish automatically match to transactions and select Auto-Match Receipts
3. You will be notified once the images have successfully matched to transactions.
Receipt images that automatically match to transactions will display with a lightning bolt icon on the Transactions details page.
Manually Attach Receipts to Transactions
Receipts and notes can be added to individual transactions at any time.
1. To add receipts and notes to a transaction, click the Transaction icon from the left navigation menu.
2. On the Transactions page, you will see two view options: All Transactions and Your Transactions.
a. The “All Transactions” tab displays all transactions on virtual cards that you have access to (i.e. cards you have sent, cards you can see within your org based on your role)
Note: Even transactions on Guest Cards distributed by org members will be visible and accessible for easy reconciliation.
b. The “Your Transactions” tab displays transactions from virtual cards you have received.
3. Selecting a transaction opens a detail page with the ability to add a note or receipt.
4. Scroll to the section titled “Receipts.”
If on your laptop or desktop, select the “Add Receipt” button to open a window with access to your files. Select the attachment(s) that you’d like to add to the transaction.
On Mobile, select the “Add Receipt” button and select the desired attachment(s) from your photos or document folder(s).
5. Key in any notes using free form text to the “Notes” section below the “Receipt” section. All notes will be automatically saved.
Note: You can add or remove uploaded receipts or modify notes at any time.
Receipt Attachments & Notes FAQs
1. Can I forward receipts to Extend from any email address?
The sender’s email address must match the verified email address associated with the Extend user account.
2. What are acceptable file types for attaching receipts?
Extend supports BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, TIF, and PDF file types for receipt attachments.
3. Who can export virtual card transactions with receipts and notes?
All users can export their transactions with attached receipts and notes for any transaction they have access to.
4. Will I be able to tell which receipts were automated or manually uploaded?
Yes, receipt images that have been automatically matched to transactions will display with a lightning bolt icon on the Transactions Flyout.